Grilled Mediterranean-Style Shrimp
Kalamata olives and feta cheese bring a taste of the Mediterranean to these shrimp.
- 32 extra jumbo (16/20) white shrimp, (peeled and deveined with tail on)
- 32 12 inch bamboo skewers (soaked in water)
- Orzo Pasta1 lb orzo pasta (cooked al dente)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Butter1 lb unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in hot water to soften)
- Arugula Oil2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz fresh arugula
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Garnish30 Kalamata olives
- 30 teardrop tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook the orzo al dente. Reserve.
- For Sun-Dried Tomato ButterIn food processor, puree butter and tomatoes until it has a whipped butter consistency. Reserve
- For Arugula OilIn a food processor, add arugula. While machine is on, slowly add oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste; place in squeeze bottle. Reserve.
- Preheat grill until hot. Place shrimp on skewer in a "Ying Yang" design (tails and heads going opposite ways). Place skewers on grill and cook on both sides until done (about 3 minutes each side).
- Meanwhile, heat cooked orzo in a sauté pan. Stir in softened sun-dried tomato butter until a deep red color is achieved and butter is well mixed with pasta.
- On a large dinner plate, mound the orzo pasta at the top of the plate. Place the grilled shrimp skewer in front, and against the pasta. Garnish with the crumbled feta cheese, Kalamata olives, teardrop tomatoes, and drizzle all with arugula oil.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 594 (73%)
(104%)Total Fat 67g
(144%)Saturated Fat 29g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 27g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.