Grilled Indian Pork Kabobs with Sweet Onions and Red Bell Peppers
A smoky curry paste is the marinade for these pork kabobs that feature big chunks of sweet veggies.
- 1 bone-in sirloin pork roast, about 4 pounds, boned and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, deribbed, and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 large sweet onions, such as Walla Walla or Vidalia, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 12 12-inch skewers , soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Indian Spice Paste4 large cloves garlic
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 1 Tbs kosher salt
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 Tbs ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs water
- To make Indian spice paste, place garlic in food processor and process until minced. Add spices, lemon juice, oil, and water. Process until thoroughly combined.
- Place pork in large self-sealing plastic bag. Pour paste over pork and mix pork with paste until pork is evenly coated. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium high. Thread pork onto skewers, alternating with pieces of red pepper and onion. Spray grill grate with vegetable oil spray. Grill kabobs directly over medium-hot fire, turning to brown evenly on all sides, for total of 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to warm platter or individual dinner plates and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Cooking Tip: The Indian spice rub can be made several days in advance. Place in a covered jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serving Suggestion: These kabobs are terrific served with rice pilaf or flavorful couscous and a medley of grilled vegetables.
Calories from Fat 88 (39%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.