Grilled Greek-Style Pork Gyros
Cucumber-yogurt sauce balances out the flavors of these well-seasoned pork gyros.
- 1 pork London Broil, about 1 pound, 1-inch thick
- 1 Tbs Greek seasoning
- 4 pita bread, warmed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Dilled yogurt-cucumber sauce*1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 seeded, peeled and diced cucumber
- 2 Tbs minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill. Sprinkle seasoning on pork. Grill directly over fire, turning once, a total of 15-20 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; thinly slice to serve in pita with onion, pepper strips and yogurt sauce.
- Yogurt Sauce:In a medium bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, onion, black pepper, dill weed, and garlic clove.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 79 (21%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(24%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.