Grilled Flank Steak with Avocado and Olive Salsa
Thanks to an olive oil and vinegar marinade this flank steak will be succulent even after grilling.
- 1 cup finely diced red onion, (1/8-inch)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs chopped tarragon
- 1 Tbs chopped thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 med. avocado, diced (1/2-inch)
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- In a shallow baking dish, combine red onion, vinegar, oil, tarragon, thyme, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Set aside. Spoon 1/3 cup of the red onion mixture into a small mixing bowl. Gently toss in avocado, olives and tomatoes and set aside. Place flank steak in baking dish with remaining onion mixture and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Season flank steak with remaining salt and grill over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a clean cutting board and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes, then slice diagonally across the grain into thin strips. Place on to serving plates and top with avocado olive salsa just before serving.
Calories from Fat 354 (64%)
(61%)Total Fat 40g
(56%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.