Grilled Chicken with Green Beans and Walnuts
Green beans topped with a walnut dressing pair wonderfully with the grilled chicken thighs.
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 1 lb green beans
- Marinade1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves
- Dressing1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 Tbs walnut oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In pot over boiling water, place green beans and cook about 5 minutes. Drain beans; run under cold, running water.
- Place olive oil, lemon juice and cilantro into the bowl of a food processor. Whirl until cilantro is finely chopped. Remove 1/2 cup of olive oil marinade; place in a large zip lock plastic bag. Set aside.
- Add walnuts, walnut oil, garlic, salt and pepper to other ingredients in the food processor. Whirl until walnuts are finely chopped; set aside. Place dressing in bowl; cover with plastic and refrigerate.
- Place chicken thighs in zip lock bag with marinade; seal tightly and shake well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Prepare coals for grill. When coals are hot, place chicken on grill and cook, turning often, for about 20 minutes. Just before serving, toss green beans with dressing. Arrange the beans on a platter and set cooked chicken on top.
Calories from Fat 300 (61%)
(54%)Total Fat 35g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 22g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.