Grilled Beef Sirloin & Farmer's Market Skewers
These glazed vegetable skewers and grilled steak are a mustard-lover's delight.
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 8 medium mushrooms
- 1 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Mustard-Thyme Glaze:2 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbs apricot preserves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine glaze ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds, stirring once. Brush on beef steak.
- Alternately thread vegetables onto four 12-inch metal skewers. Combine mustard and oil; brush on vegetables.
- Place steak and skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steak, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill vegetables 6 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak; season with salt. Serve with vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 234 (58%)
(39%)Total Fat 26g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.