Grilled Beef Eye Round Steaks with Garlic-Yogurt Marinade
- 4 beef eye round steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- Marinade & Sauce:1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Combine all marinade/sauce ingredients except mayonnaise in small bowl; mix well. Divide mixture in half. Place beef steaks and 1/2 of mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight. Stir mayonnaise into remaining 1/2 of mixture for sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 19 to 23 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Season steaks with salt, as desired. Serve with sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc.
Calories from Fat 201 (45%)
(35%)Total Fat 22g
(39%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.