Grilled Albacore Sandwich With Red Peppers
Fresh albacore creates a tuna fish sandwich like no other.
- 1 1/3 pounds skinless Pacific albacore, cut into 3/4 inch thick loin cuts
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- dash of cayenne
- 2 French rolls, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Sautéed Red Peppers1 red pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin half-rings
- Rinse albacore with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Make vinaigrette by combining oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt, oregano and cayenne; mix well. Divide in half.
- Marinate albacore in one-half of the vinaigrette for 30 minutes, turning once.
- While fish is marinating make Sautéed Red Peppers (see recipe below).
- Drain albacore reserving marinade. Place on greased grate, 4-5 inches from hot coals. Cook 5-6 minutes, turning once and basting frequently. Do not overcook! Albacore should be pink in center when removed from the heat.
- Toast rolls lightly on grill. Brush toasted sides with remaining vinaigrette.
- Make four open-faced sandwiches by topping with albacore, Sautéed Red Peppers and fresh basil. Serve immediately.
- Sautéed Red PeppersIn non-stick pan, sauté garlic and onion in oil until onion is translucent. Stir in red peppers and remove from heat. Set aside.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 91 (29%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.