Greek Style Shrimp
Serve along with rice, green beans and a crusty loaf of bread.
- 2 whole shallots, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 oz feta cheese*, crumbled
- 2 Tbs parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet, and add shallots and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes, just until shrimp turn pink. Add tomato and oregano and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and place in an an attractive serving bowl. Sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 74 (36%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.