Greek-Style Loin Roast
Marinating the pork in a lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic overnight results in tender loin that is infused with flavor.
- 1 3-pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Spicy Yogurt Sauce1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 peeled and chopped cucumber
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed coriander seed
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Place pork loin in large ziplock bag. Combine remaining ingredients except Spicy Yogurt Sauce; pour over pork in bag. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight. Remove pork from marinade, discard marinade. Place pork over drip pan on grill. Grill over indirect heat in covered grill until meat thermometer inserted reads 155 degrees F., about 1 to-1/2 hours. Let rest 10 minutes (internal temperature will rise slightly upon standing) before slicing thinly to serve. Serve with Spicy Yogurt Sauce.
- Spicy Yogurt Sauce:In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, cucumber, garlic, coriander, onion and crushed red pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 166 (49%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.