Granola on the Go
Your kids will love the crunchy, sweet taste of this granola for breakfast, as a quick snack or as a topping on yogurt. Parents, you’ll love knowing this recipe provides plenty of vitamin E and fiber-rich ingredients. It’s also lower in sugar than many store-bought versions.
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds (try a combo such as sunflower or sesame seeds and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup assorted, chopped dried fruit such as apricots, apples or figs
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat a 9x13-inch (23x33cm) pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, bran, germ, nuts and cinnamon.
- Blend honey, canola oil and juice. Add mixture to oats and stir until well-coated.
- Spread granola onto a baking sheet and cook 25 minutes, stirring a few times so that granola browns evenly. Remove from oven and let the granola cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Add dried fruit when mixture cools. Store in an air-tight container.
Calories from Fat 99 (21%)
(18%)Total Fat 11g
(7%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 81g
(44%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.