A tasty old fashioned recipe, without all the fat! Make ahead and allow flavors to blend, refrigerating at least one hour before serving.
- Slaw:4 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup carrot, (1 large), shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- Dressing:1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 Tbs light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar, (optional)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Shred cabbage and carrots. Place into a large bowl and stir in chopped onion. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture. Stir and refrigerate for at least 1–2 hours.
Calories from Fat 16 (43%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.