Ginger-Sesame Stir-Fry with Vegetables
Combine convenient frozen stir-fry vegetables with bite-size ham strips for this tasty dish.
- 12 oz ham, cut into bite-size strips
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs cooking oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 16 oz package pepper stir-fry vegetables, frozen
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- For sauce, combine orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger and garlic powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a large skillet or wok. Heat over medium high heat. Add broccoli and frozen vegetables to skillet. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Remove vegetables from skillet. Add ham to skillet; cook and stir about 1 minute or until heated through; push ham to edges of skillet. Stir sauce; add to center of skillet. Cook and stir until thickened. Return vegetables to skillet. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Cooking Tip: Do not overcrowd pork cuts when sautéing. Leaving space between them will allow them to brown and cook more evenly.
Calories from Fat 87 (40%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.