Ginger Scented Honey Hoisin Chicken Thighs with Sesame
Scents of honey, sesame and ginger will fill your kitchen with wonderful aroma as the chicken bakes.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbs cooking oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups hot cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, green tops included
- In large skillet over medium high heat, place cooking oil. Add chicken and sauté until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a small saucepan, mix together soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, chicken broth, ginger and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer to reduce sauce, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat. Place chicken in 325° F oven. Bake about 10 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken registers 165° F.
- Stir in sesame seeds. Place hot rice on serving platter, add chicken and sauce and garnish with scallions.
Calories from Fat 126 (22%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 74g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.