Garlic Herb Spread
A yummy spread, easy to make and bursting with flavor. Great on crackers, bagels or with vegetables.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, or 1 tsp (0.5g) dried basil
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese, lowfat
- 1/2 cup feta cheese*, crumbled (2 ounces)
- In food processor, add garlic, basil and green onion; process until finely chopped. Add cheeses; pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Chill before serving.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Calories from Fat 18 (43%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.