Fruited Pork and Wild Rice Salad
This tangy entrée salad pairs choice fruits---pineapple, raspberries, mango---with sophisticated wild rice and fresh spinach.
- 3 cups cooked pork loin, cut in julienne strips
- 3 cups wild rice, precooked then chilled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, coarsely
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed and chilled
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10 oz package spinach leaves, cleaned and torn
- 1 cup raspberries, cleaned
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In small bowl stir together vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt. In large bowl toss together pork, rice, walnuts, onion, pineapple and mushrooms; add vinegar mixture and toss to coat evenly. Arrange spinach on large serving platter; top with pork mixture. Arrange raspberries and mango on top.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Ingredient Note: Three cups of cooked pork loin is a little over a pound of pork roast----leftovers from a roast would be perfect in this hearty "day two" device.
Calories from Fat 207 (43%)
(37%)Total Fat 24g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.