Flounder Fillets with Carrot Coins
This simple and elegant preparation of flounder has subtle hints of sweet honey and savory Dijon mustard.
- 1 pound (4 large) julienne carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 (4-5 ounces) flounder fillets
- Combine carrots, parsley, oil, salt, and pepper in a 7x11x2-inch microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with wax paper. Microwave at 100% power 5 minutes, stirring once.
- To make an even thickness, fold over thin fillets or bend long fillets. Place fillets on top of carrots in the corners of the dish with the thick parts towards the outside and thin parts toward the center. Combine the mustard and honey and spread over fillets.
- Cover with wax paper. Microwave at 100% power 2 minutes. Rotate fillets, placing cooking parts toward the center and continue to cook 1-3 minutes longer or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Let stand, covered 2 minutes. Arrange fish and carrots on 4 warm plates.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 26 (14%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.