Fettuccini with Spicy Chicken Sausage and Pear
This recipe puts a spin on a traditional Italian dish with chicken sausage and crunchy sticks of fresh pear. Buon appetito!
- 12 oz fettuccini pasta
- 1 lb spicy chicken sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red Anjou pear, cored and cut into matchstick slices
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Prepare fettuccini according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté sausage in olive oil until thoroughly cooked and browned. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Add peppers to pan and sauté until slightly tender. Add pears to pan and sauté until heated through but still crisp. Remove peppers and pears and set aside.
- Add wine to the pan and bring to a boil, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue to boil until reduced by half. Add sausage, peppers, and pears to the wine sauce and toss to coat.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the freshly prepared pasta with the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Calories from Fat 148 (30%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(28%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.