Fettuccine with Salami
This is a good example of a pasta dish that has alot of flavor from a small amount of meat. It doesn’t have alot of sauce but it is sure to please!
- 1 lb fettucine, uncooked
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz Italian salami, thinly sliced, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch (30cm) skillet. Sauté the onion, celery, and garlic until the vegetables are soft; about 5 minutes. Add the salami, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and chicken broth and and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the parsley and pepper and stir well.
- Transfer cooked pasta into the skillet and toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Calories from Fat 117 (26%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 60g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.