Feta Filled Chicken Breasts with Cumin, Tomatoes, and Mint
Feta cheese, mint, cumin, and tomatoes fill these chicken breasts with the flavors of the Mediterranean.
- 4 chicken breast halves, pre-marinated in lemon-pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs ginger, minced
- 4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In side of each chicken breast halve, make slit. Stuff one quarter of feta cheese into each pocket.
- In large, non-stick skillet over high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken; sauté on each side until nicely browned and cooked throughout, about 5 - 8 minutes per side. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. In the same skillet, add ginger, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper. Saute one minute. Stir in tomatoes; cook until they become sauce-like, about 6 minutes. Stir in parsley, mint, sugar and salt.
- Return chicken to pan; warm in pan for 1 minute.
- Place chicken breast on serving platter. Top with tomato sauce
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 84 (38%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.