Festive Lamb Crown Roast with Oven Roasted Vegetables
This garlicky crown roast pairs wonderfully with oven roasted vegetables.
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tbs chopped herbs (rosemary, basil and thyme)
- 1 American lamb crown roast, cap removed from ribs
- salt and coarse ground pepper
- oven roasted vegetables
- Cut 1/2 inch off the tops of the garlic. Place in small metal pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast in 375°F oven for 1 hour. Cool and squeeze soft garlic cloves into small bowl. Mash with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
- In small skillet, melt butter and add bread crumbs. Stir and cook until browned. Pour into bowl and mix in herbs. Place roast in roasting pan. Rub garlic mixture over outside of roast. Generously season lamb with salt and pepper. Pat on bread crumb mixture. Roast at 375°F for about 45 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove roast from oven, pour roasted vegetables in center, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Carve and serve 2 to 3 chops per serving.
Calories from Fat 268 (53%)
(45%)Total Fat 29g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.