Fancy Grilled Mushrooms
Savory and sweet, these earthy delicacies will upgrade even the most basic grill-side meal. Serve as a side dish or as a topping for your favorite grilled main course.
- 5 medium, fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems removed and sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbs tamari
- 2 Tbs rice syrup
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Tbs vegetable broth
- Combine last 6 ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Pour marinade over mushrooms arranged in a single layer in a baking pan. Turn the mushrooms so both sides are coated. Marinate 1 hour, flipping mushrooms occasionally.
- Place marinated mushrooms in a well-oiled grilling basket and cook over medium-hot coals 8 to 10 minutes or until done, turning occasionally and basting with remaining marinade. Watch carefully or they’ll burn.
Calories from Fat 32 (34%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.