Eggs & Hash Brown Skillet
Serve for a special family breakfast or an easy weeknight supper.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp instant chicken bouillon
- 2 cups coarsely shredded carrots (about 2 large)
- 2 cups frozen western-style hash brown potatoes (about 6 oz.)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 6 eggs
- Sauté onion in oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add water and bouillon; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add carrots, potatoes, zucchini and dill; mix well.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes. Press 6 indentations (about 2-inch diameter) into vegetable mixture with back of spoon.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. Cook, covered, over medium heat until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 8 to 10 minutes.
Calories from Fat 66 (23%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.