Easy Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff
Here's a basic and dependable recipe for a simple stroganoff.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 1- 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbs prepared coarse-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbs chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- In large non-stick frypan, melt butter over high heat. Place flour in pie pan; add chicken and turn to coat well. Place chicken in frypan and cook, turning about 5 minutes to brown well on both sides. Stir in onions, mushrooms and any unused flour. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and mustard. Pour mixture into frypan and stir. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and parsley and simmer for 2 additional minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Calories from Fat 138 (40%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(41%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.