Easy Beef Stroganoff
This very basic beef stroganoff recipe can be delivered to the table in under 20 minutes.
- 1 lb beef round tip steaks, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 package (3/4 ounce) brown gravy mix
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (about 5 ounces), cooked
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Toss with garlic.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Add gravy mix and 1 cup cold water; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve over noodles. Pass sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 335 (38%)
(57%)Total Fat 37g
(75%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Total Carbohydrate 98g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.