Dijon Sautéed Chicken
This simple chicken dish packs such sophisticated flavor your friends and family will think it took hours to make.
- 4 (5 oz. each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 Tbs all purpose flour
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 ( 8 oz.) pkg. frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs stone ground dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs chopped tarragon
- 1 cup olives, halved
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle with flour. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large high-sided sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a clean plate and set aside. Pour remaining oil into pan and heat. Carefully, add artichokes and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden.
- Whisk in wine, chicken broth, mustard and tarragon. Pour in olives and return chicken to pan. Cook until heated through.
Calories from Fat 125 (41%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.