Deluxe Pork Stir-Fry
Don't let the number of ingredients overwhelm you. Once the prep is done, this veggie-packed meal comes together quickly.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs ginger, grated
- 2 tsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, OR green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 6 oz sugar snap peas, fresh OR frozen, thawed
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1/4 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- cooked rice, (optional)
- Freeze pork for 30 to 45 minutes for ease in slicing; cut across grain into 1/4-inch strips. Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic, ginger root, vinegar, 1 teaspoon cornstarch and pepper; mix well and pour over pork. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.
- Pour oil around top and sides of preheated wok; heat for about 2 minutes at medium-high. Add marinated pork (undrained) to wok; stir-fry for 3-5 minutes. Add carrots and red pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add yellow squash, zucchini and green onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add Chinese pea pods and broccoli and continue stir-frying for 2 minutes.
- Combine beef bouillon, wine, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, remaining 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, and sugar; pour over vegetables and pork. Stir-fry over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with crunchy Chinese noodles and hot green tea.
Calories from Fat 80 (28%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(24%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.