Crunchy Turkey Salad on Greens
Enjoy this tasty and crunchy turkey salad that is low in fat and calories. Plus it's a great way to use up that leftover turkey meat.
- 2 cups turkey meat, cubed
- salt to taste
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, or substitute
- 2 Tbs capers, chopped with some juice
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 small gala apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted, or substitute
- 1 6 oz cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1 package mixed field greens
- parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl except the yogurt. Start mixing the yogurt to the turkey mixture one tablespoon at a time and mixing at each addition until desired quantity. To give a French taste to the salad, add 1 teaspoon Djion mustard to the yogurt before adding to the turkey mixture.
- Serve on a bed of mixed field greens and enjoy.
Calories from Fat 162 (39%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.