Crown Roast of Lamb with Orange Cranberry Stuffing
Few dishes inspire as much applause when brought to the table as a stunning crown roast.
- 1 American Lamb crown roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cornbread stuffing
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, heated
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, raisins or cherries, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, drain well
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Form each lamb rack into half circle and place together to form a circle, bone-side to center. Tie to secure. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Roast in a 375° F oven for 30 minutes. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté celery and onion 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in allspice and salt. Toss with cooked rice, cornbread crumbs, broth and cranberries.
- Spoon rice mixture loosely into center cavity of lamb crown. Roast 20 to 25 minutes more or until meat thermometer registers 145° F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170° F for well, and stuffing is heated through. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
- Garnish with oranges. Cut between individual ribs to serve; serve with stuffing.
Calories from Fat 469 (61%)
(80%)Total Fat 52g
(105%)Saturated Fat 21g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrate 36g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.