Creamy Pesto Pasta with Smoked Pork
Small amounts of smoked pork and pesto add big flavor to this simple but flavorful pasta dish.
- 1 1/4 cups light sour cream
- 3 Tbs pesto sauce
- 12 oz angel hair pasta, (or linguine), uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 oz smoked pork loin, precooked
- 1 cup red bell peppers, sliced (one pepper)
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, (one 10-ounce package), thawed and drained
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (1cup)
- In a small bowl, mix light sour cream and pesto together. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a large nonstick pan with vegetable oil spray. Sauté garlic and smoked pork loin for 1–2 minutes. Add pepper strips to pork and cook until tender.
- Stir in drained chopped spinach and drained pasta. Crumble feta cheese over pasta.
- Toss pasta with sour cream sauce. Heat until cheese begins to melt.
Calories from Fat 229 (35%)
(39%)Total Fat 26g
(64%)Saturated Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 74g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.