Creamy Mushroom and Corn Chowder
No time to spend tending to a simmering pot? Try this quick and easy soup. Turn up the volume with a few dashes of hot sauce.
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 10 oz white button mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels or 2 cups fresh kernels
- 1 can (15 ounces) creamed corn
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbs flour
- In a large saucepan, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onion and celery; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, corn kernels, creamed corn and ham. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk and flour until smooth; stir into saucepan. Return to a boil; cook and stir until chowder thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Season with hot pepper sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 99 (29%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.