Cranberry Pecan Rice Pilaf
Alexander the Great brought pilaf back to Europe after conquering Persia. Conquer dinner with this recipe and your family will call you "great" as well.
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted*
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, cranberries, pecans and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Preparation Tip: To toast pecans spread nuts on small baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
Calories from Fat 215 (38%)
(38%)Total Fat 24g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 75g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.