Cranberry Chicken with Apples and Walnuts
Serve this colorful dish for a holiday meal or any night of the week. The sauce is delicious over couscous or rice.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots or onions, minced
- 2 lbs boned and skinned chicken breasts, (eight 4-ounce halves)
- 2 Tbs vinegar, balsamic or raspberry
- 16 oz cranberry sauce, whole berry, (1 can)
- 2 cups green apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 Tbs walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray large shallow baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Add oil and shallots (or onions) to baking dish and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Pour vinegar into the baking dish and stir. Add chicken breasts, basting tops with vinegar/shallot mixture. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Mix together cranberry sauce, apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and curry. Cover chicken with sauce and bake an additional 15–20 minutes until chicken is cooked and sauces bubbles.
Calories from Fat 61 (21%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.