Serrano peppers touch this tasty crab salad with a nice bit of heat.
- 8 oz claw crab meat (canned, packaged, or fresh)
- 8 oz crab meat (canned, packaged, or fresh)
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 3 limes
- 3 finely chopped Serrano peppers (optional)
- 1 Tbs ketchup
- 1/2 cup Clamato, Kermato or V8 juice
- In a large bowl, blend the crabmeat without breaking it up excessively. Add the juice of two limes, onion, cilantro, tomatoes, cucumber and Serrano peppers. Add salt. Combine the ketchup, clamato and the juice of the third lime. Add more salt if necessary.
- Serve with tostadas or crackers.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 15 (9%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.