Crab Cakes Northwest Style
A touch of curry powder adds a spicy flavor to these yummy morsels. Serve two or three as a main dish, or one as an elegant appetizer.
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 2 cups crab meat, fresh
- 1 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 medium egg whites
- 2 Tbs lowfat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet. Sauté shallots for 2 minutes until soft.
- Place crabmeat in a bowl and break up with a fork. Add shallots, lemon juice, egg whites, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup (30g) bread crumbs, mustard, curry powder and parsley. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.Cover and chill for 1–3 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove from refrigerator. Using a spoon and your hands, mold mixture into 8 cakes. Gently coat each cake with remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Heat remaining oil in a nonstick skillet. Fry cakes 2 or 3 at a time for 5 minutes on each side, turning very carefully. The crab cakes are done when they are a light golden brown.
Calories from Fat 133 (40%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 19g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.