Corned Beef & Orange-Glazed Vegetables
Orange juice and brown sugar sweeten up this corned beef dinner.
- 2- 1/2 to 3- 1/2 -pound boneless corned beef brisket
- 1 lb carrots, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Glaze:1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- Place corned beef brisket in Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring just to a simmer; do not boil. Cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until fork-tender.
- Combine orange juice, sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in butter and orange peel.
- Cook carrots in boiling water in medium saucepan 10 minutes. Add onion; continue cooking 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain; return to saucepan.
- Remove brisket from water; trim fat. Place on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush top of brisket with 2 tablespoons glaze. Broil 3 minutes or until glazed.
- Pour remaining glaze over vegetables; cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until glazed. Carve brisket diagonally across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 330 (58%)
(55%)Total Fat 36g
(60%)Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.