Coconut Scotch Bonnet Coleslaw
Heat up your homemade slaw with tropical tastes of native Caribbean peppers and coconut. It's sure to please the pirates in your house.
- 1/2 medium-sized head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbs plain yogurt
- 2 Tbs hibiscus tea
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs white vinegar
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 tsp Scotch bonnet pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a food processor, combine coconut milk, yogurt, hibiscus tea, green onions, white vinegar, lime zest, pepper sauce, salt, and sugar until smooth.
- Toss shredded red cabbage in sauce until equally coated. Place in a sealed container and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve as a side dish to complement jerk chicken or any tropically inspired dish.
Calories from Fat 13 (22%)
(2%)Total Fat 1g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.