Coconut Lime Fillets
Coconut milk and lime juice bring a taste of the tropics to the red snapper fillets.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 1/2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 3 cups flaked unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbs lime zest, minced
- 24 red snapper fillets
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups mustard lime sauce (recipe follows)
- Mustard Lime Sauce1 1/2 cups reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 3/4 cups lime juice
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, coconut and lime in a separate shallow dish and set aside.
- Lightly season fillets with salt and pepper, dip into egg mixture, then dredge in coconut mixture.
- Arrange fillets on a lightly greased parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 450° F for 15 minutes until fish flakes easily.
- Serve each fillet with approximately 11/2 tablespoons of Mustard Lime Sauce.
- Mustard Lime SauceWhisk together ingredients until smooth.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 267 (46%)
(47%)Total Fat 31g
(101%)Saturated Fat 20g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(24%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.