Garnish with strawberries and fresh mint. Cut into wedges.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place sugar in small heavy saucepan. Heat over medium heat, watching carefully, until sugar is melted and turns deep golden brown. Immediately remove from heat and pour into 9-inch flan dish or pie plate. Holding dish with pot holders, quickly tilt dish to coat bottom completely and evenly. Syrup will harden quickly.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mix condensed and evaporated milks in medium saucepan; heat until very hot. Milk should be steaming but not bubbling. Meanwhile, beat eggs and vanilla in medium bowl until blended but not foamy; slowly stir in hot milk.
- Place flan dish in baking pan large enough to hold dish without touching sides of pan. Pour egg mixture into flan dish.
- Place pan on rack in center of 350°F oven; pour very hot water into baking pan to within 1/2 inch of top of flan dish. Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 35–40 minutes. Remove dish from water bath at once; cool on wire rack.
Calories from Fat 113 (30%)
(19%)Total Fat 13g
(34%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 54g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.