Cider Roasted Carrots and Apples
The apple cider gives an infusion of fall spice to this great complement of flavors.
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled and tops removed
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 Tbs honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots and apples in olive oil and rosemary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer carrots and apples to a medium roasting dish and pour apple cider over top.
- Cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and drizzle carrots with honey. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, until carrots are tender and liquid has reduced.
- Serve warm, drizzled with sauce.
Calories from Fat 32 (29%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.