Chorizo and Pepper Frittata
Looking to start your day with a little spice? Try this fun frittata with any variety of chorizo sausage.
- 6 oz fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- Coat large nonstick skillet with oven-proof handle with cooking spray. Cook chorizo over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Pour off drippings. Add bell pepper to skillet; sauté until softened, 3–4 minutes.
- Pour in eggs; mix lightly and sprinkle with cilantro. Gently scramble eggs over medium heat 1 minute. Cover and cook until eggs are almost set, 6–8 minutes.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil about 6 inches away from heat until eggs are completely set in center, 2–3 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Calories from Fat 171 (69%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(38%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.