Chinese Chicken Burgers with Rainbow Sesame Slaw
This grand prize-winning recipe produces a juicy, flavorful and aromatic burger that will wow your palate.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs minced lemongrass
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 6 Tbs butter, softened
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 6 Tbs hoisin sauce
- sliced scallions
- Hot Chili Lime Mayo3/4 cup mayonnaise
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbs hot chile sauce
- Rainbow Sesame Slaw2/3 cup julienne peppers (red, orange, yellow or any combination)
- 2/3 cup julienned snow peas, strings removed
- 2/3 cup julienned jicama
- 1- 1/2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot chili sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
- In large bowl, mix together ground chicken, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, lemongrass and scallions. Divide mixture into 6 patties and set aside.
- Place grill pan over medium heat. Spread softened butter on hamburger buns and place on grill pan until light brown. Wipe grill pan with paper towel and brush with vegetable oil.
- Place chicken patties on grill pan and cook over medium high heat, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165° F, about 7 minutes per side. During last few minutes of cooking, baste each burger with 1 tablespoon of the hoisin sauce.
- To assemble, place 1 tablespoon Hot Chili Lime Mayo (recipe below) on each bottom and top bun. Place chicken on bun bottoms and top each with 1/3 cup Rainbow Sesame Slaw (recipe below). Serve withany remaining slaw and mayo on the side. Garnish with scallions.
- Hot Chili Lime Mayo:In small bowl, mix together ¾ cup mayonnaise; zest and juice of 1 lime; and 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce. Set aside.
- Rainbow Sesame Slaw:In medium size bowl, mix together 2/3 cup julienne peppers (red, orange, yellow or any combination); 2/3 cup julienned snow peas, strings removed; 2/3 cup julienned jicama; 1-1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar; 1 tablespoon sugar; 1 tablespoon soy sauce; 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce; 1 teaspoon sesame oil; and 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.
Calories from Fat 484 (55%)
(83%)Total Fat 54g
(76%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.