Bring a taste of Moroccan cooking to the table with tender chicken, aromatic spices, and a richly flavored sauce.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 med onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs ginger, minced
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- In large soup pot over high heat, heat olive oil. In small glass bowl, place chicken and add flour; toss chicken to coat.
- Place chicken in olive oil; brown on all sides. Reduce heat to medium-low; add onion, garlic, and ginger. Sauté about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coriander and cumin; sauté until aromatic, about 30 seconds; add wine. Increase heat to high and boil until wine has reduced by half.
- Stir in chicken broth, apricots, almonds, and olives. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve over cous cous.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 174 (45%)
(31%)Total Fat 20g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.