Chicken Salad Tarator
Using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken makes this a quick and easy meal that's perfect for luncheons or potlucks.
- 2 - 3 cups shredded rotisserie pre-cooked chicken
- 1 cup bread cubes
- 1 cup canned chicken stock
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- In medium bowl, place bread cubes and cover with chicken stock to soak. Set aside.
- In bowl of food processor, combine walnut pieces, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt; pulse on and off to grind coarsely. Gently squeeze some of the liquid from the bread cubes; add soaked bread to food processor. Add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and olive oil; process to combine. Add 1/4 cup of the remaining chicken stock to mixture; process to give mixture a mayonnaise-like consistency.
- Remove mixture to medium bowl. Stir in chili powder and paprika. Stir in cilantro.
- Place chicken pieces in large mixing bowl; cover with walnut mixture and stir well to coat. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; stir well to combine.
- To serve, spoon chicken salad onto large serving platter or divide equally among four plates.
Calories from Fat 340 (62%)
(60%)Total Fat 39g
(27%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 17g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.