Chicken Pita Pockets
Ranch dressing adds tangy zip to these simple, chicken pita sandwiches.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 Tbs dried dill weed
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 8 large pita bread halves
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to flatten.
- To make sauce, combine ranch dressing and dill; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in pan; add chicken. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal juices run clear. Slice into strips.
- Stuff pita bread halves with lettuce, chicken strips, and mushroom mixture. Top with dill sauce. Serve with carrot sticks.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 301 (40%)
(52%)Total Fat 33g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 15g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 75g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.