Chicken Paillards with Orange-Thyme Butter
Rounds of orange-thyme butter melt into the chicken breasts with wonderful results.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbs almonds, ground
- 1 Tbs orange juice
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Prepare orange-thyme butter by combining butter, ground almonds, orange juice, thyme leaves, orange zest, salt and pepper in small bowl. Mix well. Transfer onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll into a 1-inch diameter cylinder; secure ends by twisting plastic. Chill butter until firm, about 2 hours.
- Open chicken breast halves and "butterfly" each piece by making a cut in the thickest part of the breast. Spread open chicken breasts between sheets of parchment or plastic wrap; pound to an even ¼-inch thickness to make a paillard.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill. Sprinkle chicken breasts with additional salt and pepper; brush lightly with vegetable oil. Place on grill and cook, turning, until done throughout, about 1 - 2 minutes per side.
- To serve, top each paillard with a slice of orange-thyme butter.
Calories from Fat 288 (83%)
(50%)Total Fat 33g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.