Chicken Drumsticks with Lemon and Garlic
Lemon adds a tangy zest to these simple and delicious drumsticks.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs garlic, minced
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In small skillet over medium-low heat, combine olive oil, garlic, and lemon zest. Cook until garlic begins to color, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Place in zippered plastic bag and add chicken drumsticks; toss well to coat. Refrigerate and let marinate at least one hour or overnight.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill, or preheat broiler. Remove chicken from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for around 20 minutes; discard marinade.
- Grill drumsticks uncovered (or broil) over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, turning to sear all sides. Turn down to medium-low heat and continue grilling for an additional 12 to 15 minutes, turning every 3 minutes, until cooked through. Drumsticks should register 170°F on a meat thermometer.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 168 (53%)
(30%)Total Fat 20g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.