Chicken Cutlet Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
Sweet strawberries, tangy goat cheese, and crispy chicken are a perfect match in this salad.
- Chicken6 chicken cutlets, thinly sliced (about 1 lb)
- 1/3 cup corn meal
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- Strawberry Balsamic Dressing6 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup strawberries, halved
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- Salad:1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups Bibb lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 cups arugula
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Strawberry Balsamic DressingIn bowl of food processor or blender, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, halved strawberries, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and mint; blend until smooth.
- Pour half of the dressing into a zip-lock bag. Add chicken cutlets, seal, refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- While chicken is marinating, toast pine nuts by placing in a non-stick pan over medium heat; reserve.
- Heat oven to 200 F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine corn meal, flour, salt, and pepper. Place a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Remove chicken from marinade, one piece at a time, place in corn meal mixture and turn to coat both sides of cutlet.
- Place first three pieces of coated chicken in sauté pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until browned. Repeat with last three pieces of chicken. Remove chicken to plate and place in oven to keep warm.
- In large bowl combine lettuce, arugula, toasted pine nuts, and remaining one-half cup of dressing; toss well. Add strawberries and goat cheese. Divide salad among four plates and top each with two pieces of warm chicken and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 363 (60%)
(63%)Total Fat 41g
(38%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.