Chicken Brussels Style
Brussels sprouts that is! A recipe for those who have always thought they didn’t like these succulent green orbs!
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts without skin, uncooked, (about 4 pieces)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups short-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb fresh brussel sprouts
- Heat oil in a large deep oven proof skillet that has a tight fitting lid. Brown chicken pieces in hot oil, turning to brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Add the second Tbsp (15mL) of oil to the skillet and heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes, until onions are limp.
- Add rice to the skillet and cook, stirring for 2 minutes, until all the rice kernels are coated with oil. Add cumin, pepper, and chicken broth, and stir to combine. Add brussels sprouts and mix to distribute evenly.
- Flatten the rice with the back of a large spoon and place chicken pieces on top. Cover pan, and bake for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve a mound of rice and brussels sprouts with a piece of chicken.
Calories from Fat 109 (16%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 99g
(34%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.