Chicken Breasts Normandy
Tart Granny Smith apples, fresh ginger root, and apple cider enliven chicken breasts with a taste of autumn.
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 small onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, finely minced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut in wedges
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken well with flour mixture. In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes on each side, just until golden. Remove chicken to casserole dish, arranging in single layer.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger to the skillet; cook 1 minute. Stir in apple slices, apple cider, brown sugar, and vinegar. Simmer on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour apple mixture over chicken and bake for about 20 minutes. Plate chicken and pour the sauce over the each piece; serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 117 (31%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.